The Good Neighbors Committee, Wendell Select Board, and Wendell Board of Health worked diligently to construct a plan that would keep the Good Neighbors program operating in a safe manner. The guidelines below are designed to minimize the possible spread of COVID-19 as much as possible. The success of this plan depends upon the cooperation and patience of all involved. Your adherence to these guidelines will, to a great degree, determine the continuation of the program. We thank you in advance for your help in protecting the health of our town.
- If you feel ill, are coughing or feel uneasy about coming, please stay home and find someone to take your place.
- Please do not bring children; bring only necessary people.
- The shopping process will take longer than usual due to spacing, so please plan for that.
- Bathroom facilities will be closed to the public except for emergencies; plan ahead.
- Follow the directions given by the Good Neighbors’ managers.
- Keep a space of 6 feet between yourself and the person in front of and behind you.
- Since they are more at risk, older people will be allowed to go first.
- When checking in, you will be asked to sanitize hands and/or put on gloves. Both will be provided.
- Please do not linger when you are finished; circumstances do not allow for social grouping.
- Wash fruits and vegetables as soon as you get home, and don’t forget your hands.
- If you experience a food crisis at your home, call Nancy Graton at 978-544-2533.
Wendell Board of Health:
Barbara Craddock, Chair
Wibby Swedberg, Health Agent