FAQ Topic: Town Clerk FAQ

How do I submit a petition for a town meeting warrant?

Anyone can petition to have an issue put on the warrant for the Annual Town Meeting or for a Special Town Meeting. At this time, a petition can be brought to the Selectboard for review as long as the warrant is still open. Speak with the Town Clerk or Town Coordinator about possible deadlines. The … Continued

How do I obtain a Business Certificate?

Massachusetts General Laws Chapter 110 sections 5 & 6 state that any person conducting business in the Commonwealth under any title other than the real name of the person conducting the business must file a certificate. Forms are available in the Town Clerk’s Office. Each person named on the certificate must sign the form in … Continued

How do I apply for an absentee / vote by mail ballot?

You can vote by absentee / vote by mail ballot if you will be absent from your city or town on election day, and/or have a physical disability that prevents your voting at the polling place, and/or cannot vote at the polls due to religious beliefs. Apply in writing to the Town Clerk including your … Continued

How do I register to vote?

There are three ways to register: Call the Town Clerk to have a Mail-In Voter Registration form sent to your home address, Stop in at the Town Clerk’s office to register in person, or Register at the Registry of Motor Vehicles when you renew your driver’s license. Learn more about voter registration.

Where do I vote?

Wendell Elections are held in the town offices, 9 Morse Village Rd, Wendell MA. The building is fully handicapped accessible. See you there! Town Meeting is held in the Town Hall on the common in the center of town: 6 Center Rd, Wendell MA

How do I get my dog licensed?

The Town Clerk issues dog licenses. Only dogs are licensed and all dogs must be licensed each year. While cats are reported on the street list they are not licensed.

Close window