Food Safety

The Board of Health would like to remind all food vendors selling foods that require controlled temperatures in Wendell that you will need to obtain a Temporary Food Permit. The permits are $10 per day, and can be gotten by emailing us at We will also need a copy of your current ServSafe Certificate and Allergy Training Certificate. If you have a home base in another town, we require a copy of your current permit from that town’s Board of Health as well. You must pay for your permit with a check made out to the Town of Wendell; we do not accept cash.

Those selling non-temperature controlled foods (unprocessed honey or maple syrup; spices/herbs; jams/jellies; chocolates/candy or baked products) do not need a permit, but we ask you to complete a registration form, for which there is no charge. Contact us at the above email address and we will send you the document. We ask that you submit your Permit Applications or Registration forms a week before the event so we have time to process and complete the necessary paperwork.

Temporary Food Permit Application

Temporary Food Operations Checklist

Close window