Service name

Service description.


Deadline to apply is xyz.


  • x
  • y
  • z

Who can apply

  • x
  • y
  • z

Steps to apply

  • x
  • y
  • z


For questions or support, contact:

  • Phone: 555-555-5555
  • Email:

Frequently asked questions

The town has contracted with the Colonial Power Group to provide townspeople with a lower cost group electric power supply. Visit their website at

Visit the Town Clerk’s Office, call 978-544-3395 ext.2, or email

There is the Town Common and Fiske Pond. There is also the playground and basketball court at the Library.

Benefited employees enjoy competitive holiday, vacation, and sick leave, participation in the state retirement plan, and employer subsidized health insurance.

Town parks are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. No reservations are accepted. Please visit the Wendell State Park website to learn about access to the state park.

If this is an emergency, dial 911. The two closest hospitals are Athol Hospital, 2033 Main St, Athol, MA 01331 and  Baystate Franklin Medical Ctr, 164 High St, Greenfield, MA 01301.

Greenfield RMV Service Center, 18 Miner St, Greenfield, MA 01301

You can sign up for emergency alerts with CodeRED here.

When post-meeting materials (minutes and maybe Zoom-recordings) become available, they can be sent to the Website Committee and/or the Town Coordinator in electronic form and someone will update the website and let the town clerk know. More information is available here.

Sometimes town officials need to post legal notices (such as auctions of property taken in because of unpaid taxes). Use this form to post a legal notice or event.

Meetings with agendas need to be publicly posted at least 2 business days before the meeting at the town’s official posting place. Use this form to post a meeting.

There are several performance venues in town, which list upcoming concerts and cultural events on their websites.

Wendell’s policing is provided through a cooperative agreement with the Leverett Police.

Open Burning season runs from January 15th to May 1st.

Open Burning Permits can be obtained by visiting and clicking on Wendell or for those without internet access by calling 413-625-8200 (Shelburne Control Dispatch).

You can pay your Wendell Net Internet and Telephone bill at Whip City.

In Greenfield, MA

There is rail and regional bus service available in nearby Greenfield, MA at the John W. Olver Transit Center:

In Fitchburg, MA

The MBTA runs commuter trains between North Station in Boston and Wachusett station in Fitchburg, MA.

Wendell is a member of FRTA (Franklin Regional Transit Authority). There isn’t scheduled, fixed route service in Wendell, instead FRTA provides two transit options for Wendell citizens:

Anyone can petition to have an issue put on the warrant for the Annual Town Meeting or for a Special Town Meeting. At this time, a petition can be brought to the Selectboard for review as long as the warrant is still open.

Speak with the Town Clerk or Town Coordinator about possible deadlines. The language of your petition is important. If you submit your petition ahead of the deadline, the Selectboard will have the time to review it and help you reword it as needed.

Questions regarding Wendell genealogies and history may be directed to Pam Richardson at (413) 657-3621. She is glad to assist where she can.

Local ballot questions are of two types either binding or non-binding. To get non-binding public policy questions on the ballot requires a two step process.

Please see the Town Clerk for more information.

Massachusetts General Laws Chapter 110 sections 5 & 6 state that any person conducting business in the Commonwealth under any title other than the real name of the person conducting the business must file a certificate. Forms are available in the Town Clerk’s Office. Each person named on the certificate must sign the form in person at the Town Clerk’s Office. Proper identification is required. The filing fee is $20.00 for a new filing and $20.00 to renew.

Please call Whip City Fiber at 413-485-1251 or head to Whip City Fiber to bring unlimited, high-speed internet and VoIP phone service to your home.

Visit the Wendell Net Department for more information about Wendell’s Fiber To The Home network.

You can vote by absentee / vote by mail ballot if you will be absent from your city or town on election day, and/or have a physical disability that prevents your voting at the polling place, and/or cannot vote at the polls due to religious beliefs.

Apply in writing to the Town Clerk including your name, address as registered, address where you wish the absentee ballot sent, in a primary, the party ballot you want, and your signature.

View state website to download the most recent forms.

There are three ways to register:

  1. Call the Town Clerk to have a Mail-In Voter Registration form sent to your home address,
  2. Stop in at the Town Clerk’s office to register in person, or
  3. Register at the Registry of Motor Vehicles when you renew your driver’s license.

Learn more about voter registration.

As a resident of Wendell you have access to at least six Household Hazardous Waste collection events each year:

More information about recycling and waste disposal is available in the Recycling and Transfer Station department.

The Town Clerk can provide election information, including where and when to vote, ballot questions, and how to register to vote.

Wendell Elections are held in the town offices, 9 Morse Village Rd, Wendell MA. The building is fully handicapped accessible. See you there!

Town Meeting is held in the Town Hall on the common in the center of town: 6 Center Rd, Wendell MA

The Town Clerk issues dog licenses. Only dogs are licensed and all dogs must be licensed each year. While cats are reported on the street list they are not licensed.

No, but there are three local public ponds in Wendell, Fiske Pond and Wicket Pond and Ruggles Pond. Nearby are Lake Wyola in Shutsbury and Lake Mattawa in Orange.

Farther away there are indoor swimming pools at the YMCA in Greenfield and the YMCA in Athol.

You can call the Leverett Police Department, which provides policing through a cooperative agreement, at (413) 548-4994 or E-Mail Leverett Police Chief Scott D. Minckler.

You can call the Leverett Police Department, which provides policing through a cooperative agreement, at (413) 548-4994 or E-Mail Leverett Police Chief Scott D. Minckler.

If it is an emergency, dial 911.

You can call the Leverett Police Department, which provides policing through a cooperative agreement, at (413) 548-4994 or E-Mail Leverett Police Chief Scott D. Minckler.

Please contact the appropriate school for your child’s age/grade level.

The WRATS accepts at no charge household recyclables such as paper, cardboard, bottles, cans, aluminum products, milk cartons, etc.

Mail payment to:  PO Box 214 Wendell, MA 01379, drop off at 24-hour secure drop-box for non-cash tax payments located outside the Town Office Building at 9 Morse Village Rd, or pay online at

More Information is available from the Tax Collector .

There are no town specific dog ordinances, but there are state laws relating to dogs.

Visit the Jobs page and follow the instructions for the role you are interested in.

Close window